Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Cassie's Route 66 Travels

Cassie went on her first big adventure this past month and she thought there were other pets out there who might like to learn from her experience. First, let me tell you a little about who I am. My full name is Cassandra Coleman. I was adopted for the second time in November 2016. My first adopted parents didn't understand me and sent me to a center where my new parents found and rescued me. I am a mixed breed and my primary heritage is whippet. For those of you who don't know what a whippet is, here is a link that will give you some additional information. Whippet Dog Breed Information As I said I'm not pure and have a little lab in me as well. We (my owners and I) decided we didn't need to do an ancestry search of my DNA. They love me for who I am. Here's a recent pic of me.
As you can see, we were at the IL. side of the "Old Chain of Rocks Bridge" that crossed the Mississippi to Missouri. I was happy to get out and stretch my legs. We live in Florida and, let me tell you, that back seat gets old after a while. Granted, I slept through a lot of the travel while Mom and Dad drove the car. I'm only two, and Mom says I can't drive…something to do with thumbs. I don't know, I don't get it, but that's okay. Mom and Dad know how to drive. We slept in our travel trailer at various places along old Route 66. I'll share more tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you on the road. Mom and Dad are planning more trips in the future.
Happy Paws
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment